Thursday 15 September 2016

Written in my body

Written in my body
(i)
Woman,
Narrow your hips and your horizons
for you are too wide
Quieten your voice and your looking
for you are is too loud
kneel and weep and dress yourself
in fragility
for you are is too strong
(ii)
he holds the baby
lightly,in one hand raised to the sky
and names him son
he doesn’t know how the weight
of a baby in your womb feels
how it doubles with every heartbeat
and never leaves you.
(iii)
In my body
there is a submission
bones and tendons gently loosening
for the allowing, of being the passage
and a contradiction
of ox strong muscle willing and power
for the leaving and the coming into life
labour and rest
bleeding and building
cycles of creation and death
right here
in my body
how can I not be wide with wisdom,
loud with knowing
a strong and gentle miracle ?






No comments:

Post a Comment